It’s Friday! And I am still without a working computer. Now I know what’s wrong with it, the parts are ordered, and now I’m just waiting for them to be delivered so I can have a working laptop again and be able to start updating this blog more regularly than once a week.
My ankle started acting up badly last weekend, so my plans to get on stationary bike were delayed another week which actually turned out for the best. This week was crazy with work, and trying to squeeze in time to get my work for grad school done. Let’s just say I’m counting down the days until summer break. 89 days left in case anyone was wondering.
That anticipation I have for summer meant that when I saw the topic for the Friday Five this week I knew it was perfect! I’m linking up with Mar, Courtney and Cynthia for the Friday Five and this week it’s Five Races to run in 2015.
I’m going to be 100% honest here. I am excited for the 2015 racing season, but does that mean I’ve actually worked out my racing schedule? That would be a definitive no. I’ve barely had time to think about anything past this semester. Plus the fact that I have a Saturday morning class means that I can’t really run any races until the end of the semester.
Still that doesn’t mean there aren’t a few races I’m not looking forward to.
1. The Color Run – This is really the only race I’ve decided on officially, although I still need to sign up. I’ve gotten a friend of mine to run this with me, and I am so excited. I’ve never done a color run before but I’ve heard lots of good things.
2. Zooma half marathon or 10k – I did the 10k last year and had a blast, I’ll definitely be participating again this year but I’m not sure in which distance. I originally wanted this to be my first half marathon but my ankle is making me nervous. I’ll have to see when I can start training for it. Also did I mention this race has wine? Because it has wine.
3. Baltimore Women’s Classic – I love this race, it’s so supportive, and you get a rose at the finish line! I missed it last year because I sprained my ankle the day before (have we noticed a pattern with my injuries at all?) but I’ll definitely be running it this year.
4. Baltimore Running Festival – I did the relay last year, and I am definitely doing the half this year. This will either be my first or second half marathon depending on what happens with Zooma.
5. Best Buddies 5k – This race holds a special place in my heart. Best Buddies is a non profit I worked for for four years and volunteered with for much longer. They had their first 5k last year and it was such an amazing event, so well organized and the volunteers and Best Buddies employees did a great job making sure it was successful. If anyone is looking for another fun 5k to add to their list while helping a great cause this is one to consider.
What races are you looking forward to in 2015?